A very warm welcome to our website!
If you are planning a trip to Dublin, or live locally, these pages should help you discover who the Methodist Centenary Church are! However if there is anything else you would like to find out, please do not hesitate to contact us.
In Summer 2006 we moved to our church's new home in Wesley House. This is just beside the large church at the top of Leeson Park in Ranelagh, a 10 minute walk from St. Stephen's Green, South of Dublin's city centre. Services are at 10:30 every Sunday morning.
If you need directions have a look at the interactive Google Map below...
Our Postal Address is: Wesley House, Leeson Park, Dublin 6
We will hold a Congregational Meeting after worship on Sunday 16th September. All church members and supporters are encouraged to please attend.
On Sunday 7th October we will have a Sung Holy Communion with Derek Seymour on Organ, Boon Beng Shu on piano and the Praise Group led by Don Black.
We will have our Harvest Thanksgiving Service with Rev Ken Rue on Sunday 14th October, to be followed by a lunch in aid of Christian Aid, to which we plan to donate what we would usually spend on our average Sunday lunch.
- 29th July at 10.30am - Service of Worship with Rev Andrew Dougherty
- 5th August at 10.30am - Service of Worship with Mrs Gillie Hinds
- 12th August at 10.30am - Service of Holy Communion with Rev Andrew Dougherty
- 19th August at 10.30am - Service of Worship with Rev Andrew Dougherty
- 26th August at 10.30am - Service of Worship with Rev Andrew Dougherty
- 2nd September at 10.30am - Service of Holy Communion with Rev Andrew Dougherty
- 9th September at 10.30am - Service of Worship with Rev Andrew Dougherty
- 16th September at 10.30am - Service of Worship with Rev Andrew Dougherty, followed by a Congregational Meeting which all are asked to attend if possible.
- 23rd September at 10.30am - Service of Worship with Rev Andrew Dougherty
- 30th September at 10.30am - Service of Worship with Rev Mark Forsyth
- 7th October at 10.30am - Sung Holy Communion with Derek Seymour on Organ, Boon Beng Shu on piano and the Praise Group led by Don Black
- 14th October at 10.30am - Harvest Thansgiving with Rev Ken Rue, followed by a lunch in aid of Christian Aid to which we are asked to please donate what we would usually spend on Sunday lunch.
- 21st October at 10.30am - Service of Worship with Rev Andrew Dougherty
- 28th September at 10.30am - Service of Worship with Rev Andrew Dougherty
"A Safe Stronghold" - NOW AVAILABLE
A Safe Stronghold... Instrumental music associated with great hymns. This CD is an edited live recording of the free admission charity concert given in September 2015 by Boon Beng Shu, Sayjin Park and Derek Seymour, members of the music ministry team here in Methodist Centenary Church. The programme notes in the CD reference the hymn numbers in Singing the Faith so the material may also be used as a devotional aid if listeners wish to follow the hymn book words as the music is playing.
Material on the disc references the traditional liturgy of the church such as Benedictus, Magnificat and The Lords Prayer. Reformation Hymns are represented by A safe Stronghold (Ein Feste Burg), the title track to the disc; Now thank we all our God (Nun Danket), and All people that on earth do dwell. We include four pieces based on Irish Tunes and two pieces drawn from the American revivalist movement.Two Eucharistic pieces are included with the piano arrangement of Faures Agnus Dei being particularly beautiful.
The styles of music on the disc range through Baroque, Classical, Romantic, Nationalistic, Jazz and Minimalist and display examples of the Organ and Piano repertoire linked thematically to the liturgical source material. The listener will enjoy this production on many levels, not least of which is its live recording made by our good friend Brian McIvor.
The CD is available for purchase at €10-00 per copy with discounts for multiple purchases. Contact Derek for your copy . Net proceeds of the CD go to church funds.
"Sunday by Sunday"
Derek Seymour has produced a CD memento of the Leeson Park church organ entitled "Sunday by Sunday". The CD costs €15 (plus p&p) with a portion of the proceeds going to the church youth fund.
The selection includes works by: M.C. Festing, D. Buxtehide, G.F. Handel, C.V. Stanford, P. Hindemith, G. Thalben-Ball, D. Seymour, J. Pachelbel, J.S. Bach, and S. Wesley.
For further information on the track listing or, if you are interested in purchasing a copy, please contact .
Jump over Google Map to Contact details
To contact the Minister please email:
Please see the Wesley House Bookings page for details about booking any of the facilities at Wesley House.