On Sunday 15th October after our Harvest Service we will be serving a soup lunch in aid of Christian Aid. All welcome to attend. Please give a donation to Christian Aid.
Christian Aid are holding an Information Evening in Dundrum Methodist Church on Wed 18th October starting with tea/ coffee at 7pm. Mandeep Mudhar, Humanitarian Programme Advisor in the Dublin Office will share her experiences of Christian Aid's work in areas affected by conflict and crises, including East Africa. They would like to have an idea of numbers so, if you intend to go, please reply to Lynne Pasley, Christian Aid contact in Methodist Centenary Church.
A very warm welcome to our website!
If you are planning a trip to Dublin, or live locally, these pages should help you discover who the Methodist Centenary Church are! However if there is anything else you would like to find out, please do not hesitate to contact us.
In Summer 2006 we moved to our church's new home in Wesley House. This is just beside the large church at the top of Leeson Park in Ranelagh, a 10 minute walk from St. Stephen's Green, South of Dublin's city centre. Services are at 10:30 every Sunday morning.
If you need directions have a look at the interactive Google Map below...
Our Postal Address is: Wesley House, Leeson Park, Dublin 6
There will be Safeguarding Training for those working with vulnerable adults and children, to supplement the requirement for Garda vetting, on Tuesday 10th October in DCM from 7.30 to 9.30pm. Opposite Wynn's Hotel on Lower Abbey Street, with "Methodist Church" over the door.
- 15th October at 10.30am - Harvest Thanksgiving with Revd Andrew Dougherty
- 22nd October at 10.30am - Service of Worship with Revd Andrew Dougherty
- 29th October at 10.30am - Service of Worship with Mr Trevor Peare
- 5th November at 10.30am - Service of Holy Communion with Revd Andrew Dougherty
- 5th November at 4.00pm - Songs of Praise
- 12th November at 10.30am - Remembrance Sunday with Revd Andrew Dougherty
- 19th November at 10.30am - Home Missions Sunday with Dr Kenneth Hun Mok and Revd Andrew Dougherty
- 26th November at 10.30am - All age worship with Revd Andrew Dougherty
- 26th November at 4.00pm - Walk of Light
- 3rd December at 10.30am - Holy Communion for First Sunday in Advent with Revd Andrew Dougherty
- 10th December at 10.30am - Second Sunday in Advent with Revd Vanessa Wyse Jackson
- 17th December at 10.30am - Third Sunday in Advent with Revd Andrew Dougherty
- 17th December at 4.00pm - Community Carol Service
- 24th December at 10.30am - All Age Worship for Fourth Sunday in Advent with Revd Andrew Dougherty
- 25th December at 10.30am - Christmas Day with Revd Andrew Dougherty
- 31st December at 10.30am - Service of Worship with Mrs Lesley Rankin
- 7th January at 11.30am - Joint Holy Communion Service in Rathgar with Revd Andrew Dougherty. There will be no service in Leeson Park.
- 14th January at 10.30am - Service of Worship with Dr Vandan Ward
- 21st January at 10.30am - Service of Worship with Revd Andrew Dougherty
- 28th January at 10.30am - All Age Worship with Revd Andrew Dougherty
- 4th February at 10.30am - Service of Holy Communion with Revd Andrew Dougherty
- 11th February at 10.30am - Service of Worship with Mr Don Black
- 18th February at 10.30am - First Sunday of Lent with Ms Gillie Hinds
- 25th February at 10.30am - All Age Worship for Second Sunday in Lent with Revd Andrew Dougherty
"A Safe Stronghold" - NOW AVAILABLE
A Safe Stronghold... Instrumental music associated with great hymns. This CD is an edited live recording of the free admission charity concert given in September 2015 by Boon Beng Shu, Sayjin Park and Derek Seymour, members of the music ministry team here in Methodist Centenary Church. The programme notes in the CD reference the hymn numbers in Singing the Faith so the material may also be used as a devotional aid if listeners wish to follow the hymn book words as the music is playing.
Material on the disc references the traditional liturgy of the church such as Benedictus, Magnificat and The Lords Prayer. Reformation Hymns are represented by A safe Stronghold (Ein Feste Burg), the title track to the disc; Now thank we all our God (Nun Danket), and All people that on earth do dwell. We include four pieces based on Irish Tunes and two pieces drawn from the American revivalist movement.Two Eucharistic pieces are included with the piano arrangement of Faures Agnus Dei being particularly beautiful.
The styles of music on the disc range through Baroque, Classical, Romantic, Nationalistic, Jazz and Minimalist and display examples of the Organ and Piano repertoire linked thematically to the liturgical source material. The listener will enjoy this production on many levels, not least of which is its live recording made by our good friend Brian McIvor.
The CD is available for purchase at €10-00 per copy with discounts for multiple purchases. Contact Derek for your copy . Net proceeds of the CD go to church funds.
"Sunday by Sunday"
Derek Seymour has produced a CD memento of the Leeson Park church organ entitled "Sunday by Sunday". The CD costs €15 (plus p&p) with a portion of the proceeds going to the church youth fund.
The selection includes works by: M.C. Festing, D. Buxtehide, G.F. Handel, C.V. Stanford, P. Hindemith, G. Thalben-Ball, D. Seymour, J. Pachelbel, J.S. Bach, and S. Wesley.
For further information on the track listing or, if you are interested in purchasing a copy, please contact .
Jump over Google Map to Contact details
To contact the Minister please email:
Please see the Wesley House Bookings page for details about booking any of the facilities at Wesley House.
If you have any comments or queries about the website please contact: